South Dispatch Position (New Braunfels)
- - New Braunfels
- $15-$18/hr doe
- Full Time
Tex-Mix Concrete is a family owned and operated company that has been competitive in the ready-mix industry for over 20 years. We supply ready-mix concrete for residential, commercial, industrial and government projects in the Austin, San Antonio, and surrounding communities.
Tex-Mix Concrete is currently recruiting for a dispatcher for our south region. The dispatcher manages order scheduling and entry, customer service, ready-mix driver scheduling, and the shipping of ready mix loads to job sites. The position is highly involved and requires excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task. The dispatcher will often serve as the point of contact for the customer, plant personnel, drivers, sales, quality control, safety, and management.
- Responsible for scheduling, order taking, dispatching and customer relations.
- Develops working relationships with cohorts and customers alike in order to ensure customer needs are addressed.
- Takes all phone calls for ready mix concrete orders.
- Dispatches orders clearly and accurately and provides sufficient directions and details.
- Strives to meet customer expectations without exception and achieve highly positive customer satisfaction.
- Assigns drivers for scheduled deliveries of concrete products.
- Confers with dispatch and plant personnel to establish delivery schedules according to factors such as plant capacities, distances to delivery site, and unloading times.
- Jointly coordinates with operations and sales to resolve problems and improve service.
- Assists with maintenance of dispatching equipment and programs.
- Data entry duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficient in reading, writing, math and operational logic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to define complex problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make quick, sound decisions in a high-pressure environment.
- Self-starter with a very high standard of expectation of himself/herself and those with who he/she works.
- Positive attitude toward other employees, customers and supervisors.
- Excellent work ethic - punctuality, accuracy and attendance.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is preferred, but not required.
- Geographic knowledge of the San Antonio, New Braunfels, San Marcos and other areas in Bexar, Guadalupe, Comal, and Hays counties.
- Excellent PC skills required; previous experience with Command Alkon and Verifi systems, as well as Google Sheets a plus.
- Ready mix batch plant operator and/or driver experience a plus.
New Braunfels, TX
Why Should You Apply?
- Home at nights; 10.5-hour shifts starting between 5:00 AM and 7:00 AM and ending between 3:30 PM and 5:30 PM.
- 5-day work week (Saturday's rotated with other dispatchers).
- Great pay; $15.00 - $18.00 per hour depending on experience.
- 52.5 hours per week providing consistent overtime opportunity.
- Paid weekly.
- Excellent benefits.
- Quarterly Bonus.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts