Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher
- - Leander
- Full Time
Tex-Mix Concrete is a family owned and operated company that has been competitive in the ready-mix industry for over 20 years. We supply ready-mix concrete for residential, commercial, industrial and government projects in Austin, San Antonio, and surrounding communities.
- Is providing a high level of customer service while maintaining a positive attitude important to you?
- Do you like working in a team environment? Are you easy to work with?
- Are you a strong communicator that can handle a high volume of phone calls?
- Are you highly motivated and willing to learn?
- Are you confident in your computer skills and ability to work with multiple computer programs?
- Can you remain calm and solution driven in stressful, demanding situations?
- Are you detail oriented?
If the above appeal to you, Tex-Mix Concrete is seeking a Customer Service Representative (CSR) for Austin and the surrounding area. The CSR manages order scheduling and entry, customer service, ready-mix driver scheduling, and the logistics to get ready mix loads to job sites. The position is highly involved, requires excellent communication skills, and the ability to multi-task. The CSR will often serve as the point of contact for the customer, plant personnel, drivers, sales, quality control, safety, and management.
- Responsible for scheduling and entering ready-mix concrete orders, delivery logistics, and handling customer relations.
- Expected to develop strong working relationships with cohorts and customers in order to ensure customer needs are addressed.
- Inputs orders with specific, accurate details using dispatching software.
- Strives to meet customer expectations and achieve highly positive customer satisfaction.
- Confers with logistic and plant personnel to establish delivery schedules according to factors such as plant capacities, distances to delivery site, and unloading times.
- Jointly coordinates with operations and sales to resolve problems and improve service.
- Assists with maintenance of logistics software and programs.
- Obtains and develops fundamental knowledge of ready-mix concrete.
- Data entry duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent/GED required
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
Required Skills & Experience
- Ready Mix experience highly desirable and preferred.
- Proficient in reading, writing, math and operational logic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to define complex problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make quick, sound decisions in a high-pressure environment.
- Self-starter with a very high standard of expectation of himself/herself and those with who he/she works.
- Positive attitude toward other employees, customers and supervisors.
- Excellent work ethic - punctuality, accuracy and attendance.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is preferred, but not required.
- Geographic knowledge of the Austin, Pflugerville, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Leander, Georgetown and other areas in Travis and Williamson Counties.
- Excellent PC skills required; previous experience with Command Alkon and Verifi systems, Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as Google Sheets a plus.
- Ready mix batch plant operator and/or driver experience a plus.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, occasionally requiring early morning or late-night phone calls and some Saturdays.
Why Should You Apply?
- Home at nights; 10.5-hour shifts starting between 5:00 AM and 7:00 AM and ending between 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM.
- 5-day work week (Saturday's rotated with other CSR's).
- Great pay; $16.00 - $18.00 per hour depending on experience.
- 52.5 hours per week providing consistent overtime opportunity.
- Paid weekly.
- Excellent benefits.
- Quarterly Bonus.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion.
- People who love puzzles and are attentive to details will do especially well in this position! If you are adaptable and want to learn, Tex-Mix Concrete will teach you!