- - Johnson City
- Full Time
Under the direction of the Fleet Manager, the Mechanic will be responsible for performing top level truck repairs on ready mix trucks and small equipment. CDL and good driving record a plus.
- High school diploma or Equivalent GED required
- Vocational/Technical or certification is a plus
- Class A CDL preferred
- Install, adjust, and repair production equipment and diesel engines as assigned.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts, and complete tasks as assigned.
- Weld and use cutting torch as required.
- Maintain and keep a safe work area clean and orderly.
- Test malfunctioning machinery, determine repairs and discuss with head mechanic for approval and repair as needed.
- Replace faulty parts, electrical wires, motors, controls and circuit boards.
- Install equipment and electrical components and test to ensure proper functioning.
- Observe mechanical devices and equipment and listen to sounds to determine proper functioning or identify causes of trouble.
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools.
- Replace and install parts as needed.
- Assist other company employees as needed.
- Delivers technical advice to our ready-mix drivers.
- May make service calls at other plants or emergency roadside repairs as needed.
- Must follow safety policies and procedures as written.
- 40 hours per week and overtime on an as needed basis.
- Performs other duties as required.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work in non-climate-controlled conditions.
- Employee must be able to pass a health physical.
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors.
- Must wear protective equipment while on the job.
- Diesel Mechanic preferred
- Hutto, Texas
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plans with matching contributions
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short-term disability coverage available