- - Leander
- Full Time
Work as a team player closely with all company employees to ensure quality and productivity objectives are met or exceeded. Ensure timely preventative maintenance and repair of all equipment and vehicles. Maintain records and prepare required reports relevant to fleet maintenance. Ensure safe practices are used in performing maintenance and machine operation functions in compliance with Company Safety Policy/Procedures. Must be a self-motivated individual who is eager to be a part of an enthusiastic team, striving for a long-term career opportunity within a dynamic organization.
Essential Job Duties/Functions
- Collect organize and file all truck and equipment inspection reports and notify management of missing or late inspections.
- Organizes and tracks preventative maintenance schedules for equipment and ensures scheduled maintenance is being performed as scheduled per company policy to include greasing.
- Reviews truck and equipment inspection reports and create task lists to facilitate repairs.
- Ensure all repairs are completed and documented per DOT and company policy.
- Assist technicians in keeping spare parts required on hand and inventoried.
- Helps technicians as needed in sourcing and ordering parts and supplies as well as deliveries.
- Meet deadlines while perpetually seeking continuous improvement.
- Follows all safety and environmental rules and company policies and procedures.
- Stays current and up to date with all changes in DOT regulations.
- Complete special projects and other duties as required.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 21 years old required.
- Current, valid state driver's license required (Class A Commercial Driver's License [CDL] preferred or willingness and ability to obtain).
- Satisfactory driving and criminal record.
- Working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills (oral and written).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently with initiative under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and solve problems and make decisions within scope of role.
- Cell phone
- Various hand tools and
- Fork lift
- Computer / Various software programs
- Work in all weather conditions
- Work after normal business hours when necessary, including nights, weekends, and potential holidays.
- Subject to perform work at various heights.
- Occasional lifting of up to 100 lbs.
- Must pass DOT physical to include back x-ray, hearing test and drug/alcohol screen
- Requires lifting up to 50 lbs. while carrying loads up to 50 feet.
- Must be able to climb, bend, stoop, kneel, and twist in awkward positions as well as stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to operate vehicles and/or equipment safely as needed.
- Must be able differentiate colors.
- Must be able to hear noises.
Environmental Conditions (Personal protective equipment is provided where required or requested)
- Occasional exposure to elements of weather to include extremes in heat, cold, dust and moisture for limited periods.
- Occasionally/frequently exposed to rough, muddy and icy walking surface conditions.
- Intermittent exposure to high noise levels and vibration.
- Occasional exposure to moving parts/pieces of equipment.
- Frequent exposure to cement, concrete, admixtures, dust, diesel fuel, oil, greases and other substances that may cause burns, be toxic or explosive if handled incorrectly.
- Frequently exposed to water and wet conditions.