Plant Maintenance Technician/Millwright (Hutto, Leander, Florence)
- - Leander
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, EAP, LIFE INSURANCE
Work closely with Area and Plant Managers and Production Team to ensure quality and productivity objectives are met or exceeded. Conduct timely preventative maintenance and repair of all plant equipment. Ensure safe practices are used in performing maintenance and machine operation functions in compliance with Company Safety Policy/Procedures.
Essential Job Duties/Functions:
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as gear boxes, motors, conveyor systems and production equipment using hand tools, power tools, and welder, and precision measuring and testing instruments
- Observes mechanical devices in operation to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools.
- Follows preventative maintenance schedules for equipment and ensures scheduled maintenance is being performed at the plant level when necessary.
- Installs and adjusts functional parts of equipment.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Initiates purchase orders for parts and equipment.
- Welds and uses cutting torches for repair and fabrication.
- Follows all safety and environmental rules and company procedures.
- HS diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum age of 21 years old required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in aggregate processing plant maintenance required, concrete preferred.
- Current, valid state driver's license required.
- Satisfactory driving and criminal record.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills (oral and written).
- Demonstrates proficiency with simple math calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division (especially percentages) as well as measurements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and solve problems.
- Working knowledge of concrete batch plant.
- Cell phone
- Various hand tools, power tools, welder, and cutting tools
- Fork lift
- Computer / Various software programs
- Work in all weather conditions.
- Work after normal business hours when necessary, including nights, weekends, and potential holidays.
- Subject to perform work at various heights.
- Occasional lifting of up to 100 lbs.
- Requires lifting up to 50 lbs. while carrying loads up to 50 feet.
- Must be able to climb, bend, stoop, kneel, and twist in awkward positions.
- Must be able differentiate colors.
- Must be able to hear noises.
Environmental Conditions (Personal protective equipment is provided where required or requested)
- Majority of work is performed outdoors.
- Occasional exposure to elements of weather to include extremes in heat, cold, dust and moisture for limited periods.
- Occasionally/frequently exposed to rough, muddy and icy walking surface conditions.
- Intermittent exposure to high noise levels and vibration.
- Occasional/frequent exposure to moving parts/pieces of equipment.
- Frequent exposure to cement, concrete, admixtures, dust, diesel fuel, and other substances that may cause burns, be toxic or explosive if handled incorrectly.
- Frequently exposed to water and wet conditions.
Tex-Mix Concrete https://texmixconcrete.hirecentric.com